Problem with ShortestPathFinder

This is where you talk about the EV3 software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, gloomyandy, skoehler

konG80
New User

Problem with ShortestPathFinder

Postby konG80 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:57 am

Hi, i have tried to generate a shortest path on a linemap with the shortestpathfinder.

The problem was, the generated path did not respect the boundingrectangle of the linemap. So i modiefied the shortestPathfinder.java from:

Code: Select all

public void setMap(LineMap theMap)
   {
      Line[] lines = theMap.getLines();      
      for (int i = 0; i < lines.length; i++)
         _map.add(lines[i]);
   }

to

Code: Select all

public void setMap(LineMap theMap)
   {
      Line[] lines = theMap.getLines();      
         _map.add(lines[i]);

lines = createLinesFromMapBoundingRectangle(theMap);
         _map.add(lines[i]);
   }

public Line[] createLinesFromMapBoundingRectangle(LineMap theMap) {
      Line[] lines =
         {new Line(theMap.getBoundingRect().x,theMap.getBoundingRect().y,theMap.getBoundingRect().width,theMap.getBoundingRect().y)
         ,new Line(theMap.getBoundingRect().x,theMap.getBoundingRect().y,theMap.getBoundingRect().x,theMap.getBoundingRect().height)
         ,new Line(theMap.getBoundingRect().width,theMap.getBoundingRect().height,theMap.getBoundingRect().width,theMap.getBoundingRect().y)
         ,new Line(theMap.getBoundingRect().width,theMap.getBoundingRect().height,theMap.getBoundingRect().x,theMap.getBoundingRect().height)};
      return lines;
   };

as a workaround, so that the rectangle is added to the list of lines which is used during the shortestsPath calculation.

The question : is it a bug that the rectangle is not looked at in shortestpathfinder, or did i only not get it and used it not properly?

lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Re: Problem with ShortestPathFinder

Postby lawrie » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:35 pm

This is probably a bug. I will look at adding your fix to the next release.

roger

Re: Problem with ShortestPathFinder

Postby roger » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi Lawrie,
Should the code that adds the lines of the bounding rectangle to the Lines array be in the ShortestPathFinder or in the LineMap class? I suggest the LineMap class because there may be other algorithms that use that class that would use that class.
Roger

Return to “EV3 Software”