IR Seeker?

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, imaqine, 99jonathan

Xpyd3r
Novice

IR Seeker?

Postby Xpyd3r » Thu Dec 13, 2007 3:57 pm

Any info on if and when class files for HiTechnic IR seeker is Coming out? Please and Thanks :-)

lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby lawrie » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:26 pm

I don't know of a leJOS developer who has one, so we haven't written a class yet.

You can use one of the existing I2C sensor classes to read the data. ColorSensor looks quite close: getColorNumber will return the direction, getRed() will get the signal 1 strength etc.

You could easily write your own class by copying ColorSensor, renaming the existing methods and adding 2 more for sensor 4 and 5. Or better write a getSensorValue method that takes the sensor number (1-5) as a parameter.

I have added an untested IRSeeker class to Subversion, so it will be in the next release.

Xpyd3r
Novice

Postby Xpyd3r » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:32 pm

and in the next release you would have I2C on port 4 as well correct?
When is the predicted release for the new version?

lawrie
leJOS Team Member

Postby lawrie » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:09 pm

There has been a lot added to leJOS lately (I2C writes and port 4 support, faster LCD refreshes, garbage collector, Motor and Navigator improvements, support for more I2C devices, Eclipse plugin, RCX comms, remote monitoring and tracing, Bluetooth improvements, LCP enhancements) and it is taking a while to test it and get it stable. There are also quite a lot of bugs to fix and enhancement requests to deal with. At the same time, a major rewrite of Bluetooth support is being done.

I had intended to release it about now, but it may be delayed a bit.

Xpyd3r
Novice

Postby Xpyd3r » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:29 pm

do you have an estimate of how much longer until released by chance?

bbagnall
Site Admin

Postby bbagnall » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:15 pm

It could be any time but just off the top of my head, the end of January would seem like the latest. Probably before then.

Return to “NXJ Software”