leJOS License and MAVEN

This is where you talk about the NXJ software itself, installation issues, and programming talk.

Moderators: roger, imaqine, 99jonathan

EndiNXJ
New User

leJOS License and MAVEN

Postby EndiNXJ » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Hello Devs,

I want to create a NXJ/EV3 project with maven.
Am I allowed to upload the "classes.jar" to my repo manager for maven as a 3rd party component?
This may be accessible by other because of the license (has to be public access).

And: Am I allowed to license my project under GPL when I only comile against leJOS NXJ (classes.jar)?

jornfranke
New User

Re: leJOS License and MAVEN

Postby jornfranke » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:16 pm

Hallo,

I think it would be a good idea to provide the ev3classes.jar on a public maven server, such as http://search.maven.org/. It would be easier to use gradle or maven in your own development projects and other can more easily reuse your source code and build the application.
What do you think?

Best regards

PieterMuller
New User

Re: leJOS License and MAVEN

Postby PieterMuller » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:48 am

I agree with jornfranke, having releases of the ev3classes.jar on a public Maven repository would be great.

At the moment, those using Maven have to do the following (taken from https://lejosev3.wordpress.com/2013/11/ ... h-eclipse/):

Convert ev3classes to maven

1) Select project ev3classes in the package explorer with a simple right click
2) Select “configure” and then “convert to Maven” in the context menu
3) Leave the settings as they are in the popup window and click finish
4) Finally install it into the local repository with another right click on ev3classes in the package explorer, Run As and Maven Install

The major drawback of this procedure is that I can't publicly share any Maven project that uses this ev3classes dependency, without requiring anyone using it to go through the same "convert to Maven" procedure.

Return to “NXJ Software”