Problems with NXTCam V3

This is where you talk about the NXJ hardware related topics such as the brick, sensors, LEGO pieces, etc.

Moderators: imaqine, 99jonathan, roger

adceran
New User

Problems with NXTCam V3

Postby adceran » Thu May 19, 2011 6:09 pm

Hi to all,

My problem is the next. I have one program that follows the red color. It works perfectly when I use the NXTCamV2. However, if I replace this cam and put the NXTCamV3, my robot don't walk, and the Cam don't capture any blood. Is any specific configuration necessary to use the NXTCamV3 with lejOS??

Thank you very much! :) :wink:

gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Re: Problems with NXTCam V3

Postby gloomyandy » Fri May 20, 2011 8:26 am

Can you read anything from the V3 do you get the version strings etc? If not are you sure you have the correct address? try running the i2cdevices sample, this should identify the sensor and what address it is using...

Andy

adceran
New User

Postby adceran » Fri May 20, 2011 10:51 am

Thanks, finally I can obtain a solution to the problem. Regards :wink:

muro230
New User

Postby muro230 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:56 pm

Hello!

How did you solve the problem?
My camera is not detecting anything. For a few minutes it seems to work fine, and then it stops working. And no objects are detected.

I have it in tracking mode. I thought that it may be a problem of speed, maybe I'm requesting objects from the camera to fast for the camera to give a good response. There is some kind of speed of performance in the camera?

Did anyone have this kind of problem with the camera?
Thanks

gloomyandy
leJOS Team Member

Postby gloomyandy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:36 pm

Hi, this is a pretty old thread you have posted on, you may not get a reply from the original poster.

I think the obvious things to try are:
1. Reduce the rate at which you request objects and see if that helps.
2. Write a test program using the LEGO firmware and programming tools and try and reproduce the problem (or use NXC if you are more familiar with it).
3. Try a different sensor port (especially if you are using port 4, which has different hardware to the other ports).

Good luck!
leJOS news https://lejosnews.wordpress.com/

Return to “NXJ Hardware”