I have been fooling around with the IR Link for some time now, trying to make the different modes work, but I have stumbled into a problem:
It doesn't work anymore!
Like other HiTechnic sensors, I think this can be fixed by resetting/recalibrating the sensor, but I don't know how.
I have checked the following:
- The IR-diode in the sensor works (you can see it using a digicam)
- The sensor doesn't work with LEGO's own firmware anymore
- The sensor doesn't work with Lejos 0.5
- The sensor doesn't work with Lejos 0.6
- The sensor worked before attempting to give output to channel "4".
- My receivers work (checked using conventional IR-remote)
- The sensor can't be reset using the procedure from the ultrasonic sensor (now that would have been too easy)
- HiTechnic says "Programming details and sample programs will be posted here shortly.". Has been saying that since the sensor was released and thinks support from auto-away messages is adequate.
Now. Has anyone else tried to reset the sensor or knows how to solve this problem?
Thanks in advance.
I have replaced the sensor now, as there was no help to get it fixed. HiTechnic has received the old one.