sorry for the late response.
here is the recipe i found on the net, i used half the amount for the first try. BTW, i m translating it from Hebrew so i don't know all the correct names:
2 glasses of milk
1 vanilla pod (i used vanilla essence)
2/3 glass of sugar
1 sweet cream container
1. biol the milk with the pod in a pot (i did it without the pod). remove from the fire and put aside for 10 minutes.
2. take the pod, open it through the middle with a knife and remove the black grains with the knife. put them in the pot (i didn't do that... i put the essence instead).
3. put the milk back to boil. in a little bowl, scramble (is that the word?) the yolks with the sugar until u get a uniform mix (not more).
4. pure a little bit of the boiled milk, slowly and while mixing, so that the yolks won't be cooked by the heat, just get warmer.
5. put the mix into the pot.
6. cook on very low fire, while mixing, until it thickens a bit.
7. remove from the fire and add the cold cream. mix well and cool.
8. put the blend in the "machine" and freeze.
before stage 8 i broke little little pieces of Orio's into it.
there were 2 problems with ice cream i did:
- the taste was good, but the texture wasn't so. a good ice cream should be with a large percentage of air in it, something like 40%. my machine wasn't so good with that, so i got a much harder ice cream. I think i'll change the machine on my next try and make the spin vertically instead of horizontally, so it will insert air into it.
- the Orio's was crashed even more by the spinning arm, but that's not such an issue.
that's it. good luck!